Wednesday 18 August 2010

JARS/BOTTLES/BOOZE CHALLENGE & WENDY VHECCI-STUDIO 490 STYLE CHALLENGE...



A work colleague gave me this lovely set of jam's for Xmas last year,
& they have been sitting on top of the fridge ever since.
when I saw this weeks challenge jars/bottles or booze
on Hel's blog  ink on my fingers (head over there to check it out)
I took the title literally & I knew I had to use them,
so after a lot of label picking & washing out they were ready for altering.


I used a selection of stamps from the very fabulous Wendy Vecchi's range,
a circle punch, distress inks(peeled paint, rusty hinge & broken china) & some metal buttons from my stash.

here's a pic of the stamps I used


As I sat there admiring my finished piece, it suddenly dawned on me,I could submit this for the
Wendy Vecchi-studio 490 style challenge over at
 simon says stamp and show. (head over & check it out)



I have already entered this frame in this weeks challenge,

So am I allowed to enter another piece? I don't know? oh well if I'm not I'm sure someone will let me know.



I hope you like it,

OK I'm off to try & link this post to all the right places (I'm still knew at this computer lark) LOL
wish me luck Kat x





8 comments:

  1. Kat, YES, you may enter more than once. You may win only once a week, but you may enter as many times as you'd like.
    I LOVE what you've done with the rack & jars!! Very "Wendy"!
    Thank you for joining me & the other Design Team members for this week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge! We really appreciate you joining in with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS altered art Kat, it was lovely to meet you the other day :)) Thanks for joinin in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMW....so I thought your first project was FAB....but this one you knocked out of the park GirlFriend!!!

    thanks bunches for joining the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful! Love how you've recycled the gift into something even more fabulous. It's definitely a Wendy-inspired piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hello KAT from another KAT (for me the KAT is my initials!)... Love what you did with that - I am guessing maybe a spice rack - you made some old look new and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought the frame was fab, but the alteration on the jars is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic!!! I love the colors you used and the set up of both works so well!

    Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp & Show!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. OoooH! This is gorgeous! Well done Kat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving me a comment,
I love to read them,
I feel very privileged to think that you have
taken the time to leave one,
have a grate day,
Kat.

Here's some close up pictures of what's on this blog..

Related Posts with Thumbnails